On our way home from golfing in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas, we had a layover in Dallas airport, where we discovered Vino Volo. This is a wine bar/restaurant that focuses on offering wines by the glass, and wine flights. For a reasonable cost, you can sample 3 different wines according to particular flights that the company designs. We had the following:
California Kings, a tasting consisting of
- Branham Estate Wines 2012 Resolution Zinfandel
- Tamas Estates 2012 Merlot
- Crane Ridge Vineyards Central Coast Cabernet Sauvignon
Captivating Cabernets, consisting of
- Michael Pozzan 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon
- G. Reedy Wines 2011 Del Rio Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
- Mount Veeder Napa Valley 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon
If you have to cool your heels in an airport, there are sure worst ways to pass the time! It was a great way to try a few wines while waiting for the flight home to Toronto – they were all very nice wines, many of which can also be bought in Vino Volo’s wine store. Have to admit, I slept all the way home :-).
For more information, or to see where Vino Volo wine bars are located, visit their website at www.vinovolo.com.